We found a great map made by the Consorzio Turistico Auronzo-Misurina together with the Comune di Auronzo di Cadore and Regione Veneto featuring 16 mountain paths for serious bikers through the Dolomites. The map guide also gives a Biker's 10 Rules which we liked and wanted to share here.
Ten Rules for Bikers in the Dolomites
- Always give the unmotorized cyclist the right of way: people will judge your biking by your behaviour
- Slow down and be prudent when you approach and pass cyclists or other bikers, so they can notice your presence
- Always control your speed when approaching a curve and do consider that you may meet someone in the opposite direction
- Stay on the beaten track to not damage nature
- Don't frighten pets or wild animals. Give them time to go away from you
- Don't leave rubbish, take it with you and if possible also pick up rubbish left by others
- Respect both private and public property, signposts and leave gates just as you have found them
- Be always self sufficient. Destination and speed should be based on your own ability
- Don't pass through isolated areas alone if you intend to cover long distances. Communicate your destination and program.
- Respect the philosophy of bike touring for minimum environmental impact
Choose Your Region
Click on icons for Accommodation, Restaurants and Tours in Venice and Veneto region
Our articles about Venice and Veneto below.
• herb risotto • apple pie and mustard • chicken with asparagus • eel from treviso • risotto al roccat • roast duck • tiramisu • zuppa inglese • monte fritto cheese • gnocchi from verona • pandoro christmas cake • saddle of rabbit • chicken salad • egg and asparagus • shrimp asparagus • cheesecake • chestnut soup • polenta cheese • cod mantecato • fish artichokes • venetian liver • fritole veneziane • baccala alla vicentina • cicchetti from venice
• baccala salted cod • chioggia seafood • potato-gnocchi festival • traditional venetian menu • valpolicella wines • grappa • prosecco spring • lake garda events • asparagus festivals • soave wines • alta marca trevigiana • belluno cuisine • white asparagus of bassano del grappa • food of treviso • padovan chicken • altopiano asiago products • radicchio of treviso • veronese rice cultivation • monte veronese cheese • vinitaly •
• verona carnival • belluno cheese road • river sile • soave wine road • inland from venice • soave • medieval paths • bassano del grappa • gastronomic itinerary in treviso province • vicenza wine routes • cycle routes through veneto • palladian itineraries • bardolino wine route • euganean hills • veneto cultural itinerary • guide to bardolino • lake garda • cortina d'ampezzo • padua botanical gardens • jesolo • villa pisani • padua guide • san zeno di montagna • chioggia • waterways of treviso • scrovegni chapel • asiago plain • belluno • verona • caorle and porto margherita • brenta riviera • prosecco wine route • venetian palaces of the grand canal • oldest church in venice • venice lagoon islands • rialto market • venice carnival • historical naval museum • venice events • venice regata • redentore festival • murano glass • venetian lace • saint marks square • the serenissima • fall of venice
For Venice, check out
Ciao, I am a freelance art historian, graduated from Ca' Foscari University of Venice and since 1992, I've been a tour guide of Venice and the Veneto Region. I am…
Walks of Italy began as a small-group and private walking tour company. Our tours won many accolades, including glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, the New York Times and in Rick Steves’…
Bistrot de Venise first opened in 1993 and has since become a hangout and meeting place where the figurative arts, poetry and culture combine, simply, with Food and Wine. It…