Southern Visions Travel Winter Giro 2012
Starting the first week of January, Southern Visions Travel, based in Puglia, Italy will be bringing a taste of Puglia to the United States. The young, dynamic team of Italians and Americans with substantial experience in their fields, will showcase their latest project, a newly opened culinary school, La Cucina at Gelso Bianco. The company will present a series of Pugliese dinners, tastings and private cooking classes throughout New York, Boston, DC, Chicago and the Bay Area. The tour begins in New York City on January 10th with a dinner event at Porsena with Chef Sara Jenkins.
FULL TOUR SCHEDULE
SKYPE - leighvincola
+39 366 931 0037 (ITALY)
+1 713 540 1526 (USA)
Southern Visions culinary school is based at Masseria Gelso Bianco in the countryside outside of Alberobello. It is pure rustic luxury.
More pictures here
The 2012 programs include Premiere Culinary, Guest Chef, Wine Immersion and Olive Oil Education. Begun as a cycling tour company, Southern Visions also creates custom made cycling and culinary vacations for the group that wants a little bit of both. In September 2012 James Beard award winning chef Jody Adams will come to Puglia for a unique Chef in Bici trip. A dinner is scheduled at Jody's restaurant Rialto on January 24th.
Southern Visions' 2012 Puglia tour will be sponsored by four local, family run business with whom the company has strong personal and professional relationships. Their U.S. events will be accompanied by wine from Masseria Li Veli and Cantele, olive oil from Masseria Il Frantoio and pasta from Benedetto Cavalieri, voted the finest pasta's in the world by Wine Spectator.
Full tour schedule
In addition to all of this Puglia makes for a good story on its own. Here's why:
- It is one of the only regions in Italy that is growing right now
- New restaurants and well appointed farmhouse lodgings and hotels are opening without losing the traditional feel of the region
- It is the largest producer of olive oil in Italy--50 million trees
- Its cuisine, based on fresh fish, vegetables and grains has drawn attention as a classic example of the healthy Mediterrean diet
- Primitivo, Negroamaro and Nero di Troia wines are gaining world wide attention
- Spectacular "blue flag" beaches on two coasts--the Adriatic and Ionian
- Rolling countryside with stone walls as far as the eye can see and classic trulli dwellings
- 2 brand new airports
- Several white washed villages (Ostuni, Locorotondo, Cisternino) that hint at Puglia's Greek influence
The Southern Visions team would love to see you in the States and share a glass or two! Be in touch directly about events or setting up a meeting. A dedicated press event is in the works for New York City for the second half of February.
Please check the website for additional dates and updated schedules throughout December and January.
ABOUT SOUTHERN VISIONS TRAVEL
Southern Visions Travel was founded in 2007 by Puglia native, Antonello Losito. The Italy based company offers guided and self-guided walking and cycling tours in Puglia, Croatia and South Africa as well as full immersion culinary and wine experiences at their cooking school, La Cucina at Gelso Bianco. The bi-lingual Southern Visions team is made up of professional Italian, American and British cyclists, tourism specialists and food, wine experts all with vast experience in the North American market.
Executive Chef--Laura Giordano
Marketing and Program Development--Leigh Vincola
Marketing & Communication Manager
Active Cultures Travel LLC (USA)
13440 N. 44th Street # 2114
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Southern Visions Travel (Italia)
Via Magenta, 52/f
Monopoli (BA) 70043
Follow us on: