This wine and olive oil tasting itinerary is one of a number of wine related day trips proposed by 'The Homing Pigeon country inn' to offer our guests a chance to discover close up the customs, country life and work which characterizes our land and people.
They are routes which will allow you to taste the typical flavours of the territory and which will help you experience the fascination of many of the the small medieval hamlets which dot the land as well as castles and fortresses which are witnesses to our ancient history.
They are led by a local enologist who is an expert of the wines of the Le Marche, both as a native and by profession.
Here is one such tour:
• 9:00am, depart from Casa del Piccione Viaggiatore
• Visit of a cantina in the zone of "Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi" with a tasting of local wine and products.
• Visit to a cheese maker.
• Lunch in a typical restaurant of the zone.
• Visit of a wine cantina famous for the unmistakable "Lacrima di Morro d' Alba" wine in the heart of its production zone. Wine tasting and local food included.
• Visit to an olive mill to taste extra virgin olive oil
• Visit of the medieval town of Ostra and its theater.
• Return to Casa del Piccione Viaggiatore for around 18:00.
The tours can depart daily on request as long as there are at least 2 people and no more than 8 participants.
The prices of the excursion is €125 per person.