A full vacation week tour of Puglia based in Gioia del Colle and Conversano which includes guided visits of all the key destinations in the region such as Polignano a Mare, Alberobello and the trulli, Trani, Castellana Grotte, Altamura, Castel del Monte, Locorotondo, Ostuni, Bari, Otranto, Gallipoli and Lecce in Salento, as well as the Sassi of Matera in Basilicata.
We rate this tour by Experience Puglia as the best Puglia tour on the web and your 6 full day tour rolls out something like this:
- Pick up from Bari airport.
- Arrival in Gioia del Colle and transfer to accommodation.
- Dinner in a typical restaurant
- Guided tour of Gioia del Colle: the castle and its museum, the churches, the historical center.
- Arrive at a family-run winery and tasting.
- Lunch in a selected restaurant in Gravina.
- Visit of the Sassi of Matera
- Return to Gioia. Free evening.
- Focaccia tasting in a very old bakery with a wood burning oven in Altamura
- Olive mill visit with rxtra virgin olive oil tasting.
- Visit of Polignano a mare and its wonderful sea.
- Lunch in a Slow Food restaurant.
- Guided tour of Alberobello.
- Return to Gioia and free evening.
- Visit of Trani, the old fishing port and Knights’ Templar.
- Lunch in a typical restaurant in the countryside selected by Michelin guide.
- Guided tour of Castel del Monte
- Return to Gioia.
- Transfer to new historical residence accommodation in Conversano
- Guided tour of the famous complex of caves in Castellana Grotte.
- Departure to Locorotondo.
- Lunch in a Slow Food restaurant in the historical center.
- Visit of Ostuni and its white limed washed houses
- Return to Conversano and spa treatment.
- Sightseeing in Bari: Church of San Nicola’s church, Castle of Frederick II
- Lunch in a 'Gambero Rosso' selected restaurant
- Return to Conversano and cooking class in a country trullo.
- Dinner in a selected restaurant.
- Guided tour of Lecce and the baroque city centre.
- Visit to historical centre and waterfront of Otranto.
- Departure for Gallipoli and lunch in an open-air restaurant with a balcony over the sea.
- Stop off at Santa Maria a Cerrate and old olive mill.
- Return to Conversano and free evening.
- Arrival at Bari airport and goodbye.
Price is €1495 per person based on a couple and includes:
- Collection and transfer from/to Bari airport
- welcome drink
- 4 nights accommodation in a nice B&B in the historical center
- 3 nights accommodation in a 4 star historical residence
- Daily breakfasts
- Guided Tour
- visit of the towns as indicated on the itinerary
- entry to the castle in Gioia del Colle
- entry to Castel del Monte
- entry to the museum in Gioia del Colle
- entry to the underground town in Gravina
- entry to a cave house in Matera
- entry to Castellana caves
- entry to trullo "sovrano"
- 1 private cookery class
- 6 lunches in selected restaurants
- 2 dinners in typical restaurants
- visit to the wine cellar
- visit to the oil mill
- focaccia tasting
- wine tasting (3 different wines, mozzarella cheese and taralli)
- oil tasting (3 different extra virgin olive oils and bread)
- description and notes of vines, wines, olive grove and oils
- transport to each locations in a 7 seats car
- opportunity to buy wines and extra virgin olive oil at vineyard/oil-mill prices
- bottles of water for the tour
- route map
- Hotel taxes and service charges, tips to private guide and driver, departure taxes
- Meals and beverages not stated on itinerary
- Other expenses of a personal nature