The following cooking vacation package put together by Villa Gaia is a perfect short break to discover the zone of Asti and Alba, and taste some great food and fine wine.
Here we highlight the 3 days and 2 nights proposal, but note that a four day three night offer is also available. Both require a minimum of 4 participants.
ASTI COOKING VACATION
Day 1 - Friday
- Arrival at Villa Gaia, check-in, time for relax. Evening and dinner at leisure - Overnight at Villa Gaia
Day 2 – Saturday
- Buffet breakfast.
- Meeting with your English-speaking guide and departure for San Martino Alfieri with visit of the historic Marchesi Alfieri winery, located in the Alfieri Castle. This castle was a former fortress which was turned into an elegant residence in the late XVII century. Standing high above the adjoining hills between Asti and Alba, the position of the castle makes it an ideal location for the production of wines in the grand Piedmont style. Estate owners Emanuela, Antonella, and Giovanna San Martino di San Germano manage the wine production in collaboration with Mario Olivero, Estate Director and Oenologist. Visit of the castle, the sumptuous park and the cellars where the esteemed Barbera d'Asti, jewel of the winery, is produced. Final wine-tasting.
- Transfer to Asti where you will first visit the weekly market and do the shopping for the afternoon cooking session. A guided tour of the historic centre with its medieval towers, the gothic cathedral, and its baroque buildings will follow. Lunch at leisure and free time for walking along the main street.
- Return to Villa Gaia for your first hands-on cooking class. The friendly and enterprising chef Elisabetta Canale will guide you through the preparation of a 3-course menu.
- Final dinner with the dishes prepared.
- Overnight at Villa Gaia
Day 3 – Sunday
- Buffet breakfast and check-out
- This morning you will have the possibility of visiting the Langhe (visit the Grinzane castle, a Barolo producer and Alba historic centre) or the city of Turin (3-hour walk in the historic centre, free time for some shopping or for visiting the Egyptian Museum or the National Museum of Cinema). In both cases, you will meet your English-speaking tourist guide on the place.
- Departure for airport
This day long guided wine tour of Barolo and Barbaresco is being proposed by Tasting Tours of Asti. Meet your English-speaking guide in your hotel and depart for the Langhe area in the southern part of Piedmont, famous for white truffles and some of the most sought-after red wines in Italy, i.e. Barolo and Barbaresco.
First stop is the 13th century Grinzane Cavour castle which also hosts the Cavour Regional Enoteca and an ethnographic museum.
Next stop will be Barolo, the town where the “king of wines” was first produced in the XIX century. Visit of the historic cellars of a renowned Barolo producer, and learn the techniques employed in the production of this refined garnet red-coloured wine. Wine-tasting will follow the visit.
Short walk up to the Falletti di Barolo castle erected in the X century as a bastion against invasions, and later home the French Marquise Juliette Colbert, the lady who created Barolo wine. Possibility of visiting the brand-new Wi.Mu. (wine museum) inside the Falletti castle which also hosts the Regional Enoteca of Barolo.
Bramafam Holidays & Events is a boutique travel company based in Saluzzo, Cuneo, specialized in promoting the very best of Piemonte and the rest of Italy.
In particular, tailor made tours to discover the lifestyle, art, culture and enogastronomy of the regions through personalized travel and original events.
Bramafam founder and owner is Annalisa Dastrù who has over 20 years experience in the tour operating and communications.
Do ask her about the special In Touch travel programs where Annalisa will act as your personal Italian host, introducing you to her private Italy.
Of course, you can be guaranteed that the fabulous food, wine and hospitality features in all Bramafam activities.
The staffing of hospitality desks, airport assistance, transport and accomodation are more services available, as well as unique gifts and premiums.
These 2 cooking classes taken place in a professionally equipped food laboratory in Turin, the regional capital of Piemote or Piedmont, and will help you appreciate the classic recipes of the territory.
All the lessons last 3 hours and you will learn about pizza, bread, focaccia, pasta and pasta sauces, meat and/or fish and dolce.
Lunch based on what you have prepared will follow your lesson.
TURIN COOKING LESSON DETAILS
• 09:45 Independent arrival at the food laboratory in Turin.
• 10:00 Welcome by the chef and his/her staff and start cooking class.
• 13:00 Lunch at laboratory.
• 14:30 End of activities
Cooking classes are held for min. 2 participants and max. 18 participants.
• 2-3 participants € 190,00 per person
• 4-8 participants € 170,00 per person
• 9+ participants € 150,00 per person
INCLUDED: 3-hour cooking class; lunch; house wines.
NOT INCLUDED: transportation to/from laboratory.
Possibility of adding a Turin city tour in the afternoon (see below).
Classes are available every morning from MONDAY to FRIDAY.
Bramafam Incentive&Langhe Pograms is the new MICE proposal incorporating Piemonte's most exclusive hotels, spas, wineries, restaurants, caterers, transportation companies and activities.
We will organise your meeting, conference and corporate event in the most majestic ancient castles, elegant farmhouses or top rated wineries of the territory.
Our associated team building activities are especially designed for learning about the culture, traditions, wine & food of this unique wine district.
Above all, our goal is to:
- Motivate active participation
- Generate enthusiasm
- Improve communication
- Involve creative problem-solving
Amongst our specific programs are the following:
Choose Your Region
Click on icons for Tours in Piemonte region
Our articles about Piemonte below.
• pear timballo dessert pie recipe • bonet di amaretti alla piemontese • bagna cauda recipe • crumiri biscuits • white chocolate cake • paniscia rice recipe • castagnole carnival sweets • risotto with barbera wine
• alba wine city • white truffles from alba • alba truffle festival • asti spumante wine • slow food foundation • barbera nizza wine • barolo corkscrew museum • upper po valley food route • novarese and verbano gastronomy • biella cheese and wine route • grapes of cuneo • international salone del gusto • quintessenza • piemonte food history • bra cheese festival • turin coffee bars • bettelmatt cheese • optima roero • official truffle charter • barge rice festival • nebbiolo wine • lake maggiore food tour • white truffles from alba • best piemonte cheeses • wine route tortona hills
• white truffle route in lower piemonte • nizza monferrato • langa astigiana • stresa on lake maggiore • acqui terme • made in granda • guide to turin • guide to alba • biella • ivrea orange throwing carnival • valleys of cuneo • lesa on lake maggiore • where to ski in piemonte • guide to lake maggiore • piemonte faith routes • paths of moscato d'asti wine • the source of the river po • lake maggiore day trips • alto monferrato wine route • gavi to strevi wine route • mountain bike routes • on the trail of literary giants in turin