This wonderful cooking vacation in the Castelli Romani or Roman Hills is a shorter break version of the full Rome food and wine tour put together by In Italy Tours.
The emphasis is on learning to cook in the traditional way of the old Roman countryside with Maria and Sora Anna (pictured above) who share a passion for authentic Roman country cuisine.
Sora Anna has be called the “Queen of the Matriciana” by Stefano Bonilli of Gambero Rosso, the “Queen of Roman cooking” by the great chef Heinz Beck and the “High Priestess of Authentic Traditional Roman Cooking” by Bob Noto.
We’ll join her in the kitchen of her Osteria in San Cesareo where she will reveal the subtleties and secrets of a culinary tradition which dates from the era of the Caesars.
Anna’s extensive knowledge, internationally recognized culinary abilities and sheer passion for her vocation ensure a stimulating and extremely enjoyable learning experience.
For full details, prices and availablity contact In Italy Tours directly, but do note the following:
• This is a personal tour organised on request and is available all year round.
• Cooks and foodies of all levels are invited and participants will take part in hands-on cooking lessons in the comfort of a small group and receive individual attention. Everyone prepares a range of antipasti, pasta, secondi dishes, including the famous “quinto quarto”, a combination of wild herbs, fresh seasonal vegetables and meats enjoyed since ancient times.
• Afternoon excursions to historical and artistic points of interest are included in the itinerary. These include Ariccia, Nemi, Tusculum, Genzano and Frascati.
• Accommodations in Frascati or at Anna Dente’s bed and breakfast above her osteria can be organised.
• Private transport is made available during your tour.
• English speaking guide will accompany you throughout .
• Prices will depend on the number of guests and number of days you wish to spend in the Castelli Romani.