Hotel Restaurant Leone opened its doors in Easter 2012 following the restoration of this original 15th century building situated in the historical center of Montelparo, Le Marche.
Using locally sourced materials and with an eye to eco-friendliness, such as the use of rainwater and solar panels, the three floors are now open to guests and diners.
Read more about the Hotel Leone restaurant here, but note that it sits in the original ground floor of the structure and has a tremendous brick vaulted ceiling which was the old Taverna del Leone. Beneath it is the underground wine cellar. Read about Xmas and new Years Eve offers proposed by Hotel Leone
There are 8 rooms in 4 typologies; Twin, Double, Deluxe Double and Suite.
The two twin rooms with single beds are located the first floor and upper ground floor with easy access from the street for disabled access.
King-size beds feature in the double rooms, one with its own balcony over the courtyard, and the other with views across the Fermo countryside to the Adriatic coast and the resorts of Grottammare and Cupra Marittima.
The two extra spacious deluxe double rooms have similar views with a super king-size bed in the room looking towards the coast.
Finally, choose from a one-roomed suite on the first floor with stunning views across the countryside or a two-roomed family suite on the upper ground floor with views of the mountains.
A list of additional facilities and guest services includes:
- Sitting Room - a place to relax with its original cotto flooring and inviting log fire for the cooler winter evenings.
- Bar & Terrace – The art deco Empire Bar is a place to enjoy a few drinks taking in the splendid view.
- Parking – there are dedicated parking spaces reserved for guests in the historic centre of the Montelparo.
- Internet – broadband internet connection is available in all bedrooms and suites. WiFi is available in all public areas.
- Laundry – 48 hour laundry service is available and can be arranged through reception.
- Outdoor Activities - ask reception to book you a guide for mountain walks in Monti Sibillini, night climbing, snow shoe trekking and even climbing the old walls of Montelparo.